Sunday, March 14, 2010

Flowers, Friends, and Food

This was a busy week for both Bobby and I. Bobby taught twice last week, started a work blog, and is in the middle of writing a paper. I started my volunteering work as a cook for the Red Cross. I work in the kitchen of the Zusammen Cafe. The cafe is not a soup kitchen, but is rather a real cafe. All of the profits go towards the Danish Youth Red Cross. I had a lot of fun and look forward to volunteering every Tuesday from 4-9:30. My feet were pretty tired by the end of the night, though! I did get a compliment from a customer, "Possibly the best cheese burger I've ever had!" Not bad for my first day as a voluntary cook.

Bobby and I also attended two dinner parties this week. On Thursday evening we visit the house of Casper and his wife Yvonne. Casper is the composer and artist whose installation we visited last week (as mentioned in this blog post). He also invited to dinner Stefan, a classical saxophonist. I got to talk to with Stefan about the music scene in Copenhagen and he gave me a lot of great advice about how to break into the scene. Last night, Bobby and I hosted our first dinner party! We invited Thomas, Bobby's office mate, and his partner (also named Thomas) to a Thai-inspired dinner. Bobby and I prepared tofu spring rolls, Tom Kha Gai (coconut and chicken soup), shrimp and lichi curry, and minted pineapple and mango for dessert. We had a lot of fun talking with Thomas and Thomas and we look forward to having them over for dinner again. I think our next theme will be French food.


I was lucky enough to receive not one but two beautiful bouquets of flowers this week! My Mother send me a lovely bouquet, pictured here. I especially like the delicate green flowers (which Bobby describes as 'vegetable flowers'). I also received a bouquet from Thomas and Thomas which included my favorite flower, gerber daisies. Bobby is now off the hook for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment