Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Unknowns

It is now official. I (Bobby) have received word from the Dean of the Department of Information Technology at the University in Denmark that I will be an Assistant Professor starting in January. Now we have two problems: 1) Finding all the necessary hoops and jumping through them to obtain the rights to live and work in Denmark for the next three years at least; 2) Finding a furnished apartment in Copenhagen to rent starting January 1, 2010.

In the meantime, I am working on a journal article, a couple of conference papers, and some good old tunes on my wonderful melodeon. I leave you with a nice French tune "L'Inconnu de Limoise", or "The Unknown of Limoise". I have heard two stories about the history of this tune. One is that it was written after the relocation of a cemetery resulted in many misplaced skeletons; and the other is that a skeleton with bagpipes was uncovered with the building of a road near Limoise, France. I decided to go with the first story, and so have superimposed me playing on some pictures we took at our neighborhood Montmartre cimetiere in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment