Saturday, May 29, 2010

Hair Cut and Concert


I (Carla) did something that was probably not a good idea but ended well... I gave myself a hair cut! Well, I actually just gave myself bangs. I guess this is what happens when I am bored and broke. When I go to the States in September, I'll get a real haircut, something I haven't had since February 2009.



Last night, Bobby and I went to a concert in the Marble Church. We saw Diamanda Galás, an incredible vocalist and pianist. 30 minutes before we were going to leave our apartment for the concert, the sky turned steel gray. It began to pour, accompanied by thunder and lightening. Then the rain turned into hail! It was really loud and we were not looking forward to the 2 mile walk to the Marble Church. Luckily, the sky cleared up before we left. The concert started at 9 pm, though Diamanda didn't actually perform until after 10:30. We were both pretty tired walking the 2 miles back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment