Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas in Paris

On Christmas day, Carla and I got to open all the presents sent to us by family. (Thank you everyone!) Carla's mom hand delivered to Paris a huge suitcase-full of presents. Our kitchen in Copenhagen will be extremely happening -- and heavy -- with Le Creuset pots and pot holders. Now we have a bouillabaisse pot and a stock pot to go with our dutch oven!

Carla also got a set of USC pajamas, and from Carla's dad a USC sweatshirt! She almost has the entire collection!

From our BFFs (Best French Friends), Katie and Olivier, I got a stylish pair of cuff links, and Carla got a hand mixer for making me cookies.

I got Olivier a game for his Wii, which I proceeded to win as he patiently waited for his turn.

And Carla and I got Katie a mixer/mixer combo! Above she does not believe it is a mixer/mixer combo! Yay! More cookies for me.

Do you see what I mean about the cookies?

Actually, ever since Katie and Olivier bought their oven, Katie has had to ask Carla things like, "Is it ok with you if can I use my oven from 4:30 to 6:00 tonight?"

After the presents, Katie and Olivier had us all over for Christmas dinner! I played the accordion a bit to set the mood.

Their crazy cat Shinobu did some interpretive dance.

And Joseph got a baguette in the face. We had a wonderful dinner, with foie gras topped with figue jam and clementine, and then some oven roasted turkey and excellent gravy. All washed down with plenty of sparkling glasses of Moët rose champagne.
The next day we headed to the Musée d'Orsay, and the Champs Élysées to see the Christmas market.

One stall was selling chocolate covered peppers!

Another stall sold dried fruit and had this extremely hilarious poster about their "Déshydrated" fruits. What sold me was "in 4 hours of the children," and "in the young breakfast."

No comments:

Post a Comment